Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kindergarten Rocks!

Yesterday we woke up bright and early to celebrate this....





The answers to some of the favorites above crack me up.  Peppa Pig....we don't have cable and haven't watched Peppa Pig in months, so I'm not sure how this could be considered a favorite...HA! I love "Go Tell it on the Mountain", its something I sang to her as I rocked her when she was a baby.  She originally picked Barnleby Finkleton (a VBS song that has been WAY overplayed in my car), but when we were listening to some songs on Spotify she decided the liked the version by Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors...and I really love that she loves that!!! Teriyaki chicken was one I was not surprised by...she begs to eat at Noodles every Sunday.  Also, American girl dolls and art....two favorite past times for sure! The verse took some time, I read many to her before she decided that this one was her favorite right now! He is good baby girl and He loves you!!  I pray that you will see this all the time!!!


We got to school bright and early to celebrate as a family with a Boo-Hoo breakfast...how cute is that!? (although I was enjoying breakfast too much to take pictures)



Molly Cate in front of her classroom.


Working hard on a puzzle.


Listening to a story read my Mrs. Jones.


Molly Cate asked me not to cry. I tried my best.  I got a little teary as Ken prayed over our breakfast in the classroom.  I held it together the rest of the time, until Mrs. Jones give the kids a sweet story for us to take home.  In the car I lost it when I read the end...pictured above.  Read it.  How true is that!?  

It's not that our kids go to kindergarten, or first or second grade...it's that we realize they are growing up.  We have to slowly begin that releasing process, this is important in parenting.  We have to slowly let go of things and let them be who God intended them to be, and with MUCH prayer, love, and guidance they will flourish beyond anything we could ever hope for them.  

As Molly Cate's favorite verses states: "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever".... I give thanks to Him for letting me raise this little girl, one more and my little guy.  HE is good....and His love for them will endure forever...through every Beanstalk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)