I have seen these things everywhere, and although I was tempted to give in a buy one I knew that I could make one for myself. Baby boy blue is turning one in a few weeks and since he has no say so in the theme this year I picked a winter "one"derland theme. I wanted to get these cute little snowmen made for the front doors so that we could enjoy them all month! Thanks to my friend Mandy for giving me some tips! She has made a cute pumpkin and a manger. Anything goes with this door hanger....hearts, easter eggs, crosses, American flags! Hopefully this little tutorial will help you get started on your own!
Hot glue gun and glue
string or ribbon for hanger
1. I cut out frosty's face using a laundry basket to make my circles. Cut out 2, I had to cut out 4 because I have two doors. Just fold over the burlap and cut away. I just freehanded the top hats, you could easily use a ruler as your guide.
2. Painting: I painted the faces with white paint and then painted on the nose mouth and eyes. I painted a band across the hats and polka dots.
3. Then I used black slick paint to outline the edges around the hat and face. I outlined the mouth and eyes. I think this adds a little definition. Orange would be cute around the nose and coordinating colors for the polka dots on the hat, but I did not have those colors.
4. Now, you need to glue the back piece on top of the front. Just imagine you a making a big pillow. I found it was easier to put the glue on the backside of the painted piece the apply the back on top. Don't forget to leave a little opening for the stuffing.
6. Next I glued the strings to the back, made bows for the front and glued those on.
7. Wala....hang and enjoy!