Monday, January 16, 2012

Choices

We make them everyday....
They can come in many forms...

Good or Bad
Happy or Sad
Dull or Sparkly
Sweet or Salty
Black or White 
Soft or Hard
Hot or Cold
Spicy or Mild



We teach our children to make good choices, to do unto others as you would have them do to you, love others, be kind to one another, do the right thing, think how Jesus would handle the situation.  For me it is easy to bark these out to my kids.  I also have to make sure I am making good choices and setting the example for them.  

What is hard is when we have to make choices for them.  We want to do everything just perfect and not mess up mess them up...can I get an AMEN? Then I remember how good our God is and how He wants good things for His children.  I was comforted by these verse when I started to worry about a recent decision.  

My son, do not forget my teaching,
   but let your heart keep my commandments,
for length of days and years of life
   and peace they will add to you.

 Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you;

bind them around your neck;   
write them on the tablet of your heart.
So you will find favor and good success   
in the sight of God and man.

 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,

 and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him, 
 and he will make straight your paths. 
Proverbs 3:1-6

Many are the plans in 
the mind of a man, 
but it is the purpose 
of the Lord that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21




Thank you Lord for giving us these promises that you have good plans for us, that if we truly seek and trust you then the outcome is always good.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ashley! I needed this today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog, while I was blog-hopping (is that even a word?) What a darling family you have. God has truly blessed you. Your blog is so fun to read. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to craft. God's blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give a HUGE amen to what you're saying! Being the mom of grown up kids I am here to tell you that God is always faithful and when you're not sure how to handle any parenting situation, fall to your knees and diligently seek Him - sometimes the answers will come in unexpected ways but they will ALWAYS come! Our God is so...... good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)