Friday, May 25, 2012

One Leg In and One Leg Out

A season has now passed...and it's on to a new one in our house.  Pre-school life is officially over for Molly Cate.  When she came home Wednesday with her little scrapbook and end of the year picture video from 5T I just wanted to cry my eyes out.  
I did cry. 
I cried because it is an end to a season of my motherhood with her.  Yes, I know I still have two little kiddos and one who has no clue what preschool even is, but I now have one leg in "school-life" and one leg in "pre-school life".  The school life part is what will make things feel different and I have a feeling that it will make time feel like its going even faster.  
Here she is on her very first day of preschool...
October 2007

And this morning on her very last day of preschool...
May 2012

Some of you out there may think I'm being a little over dramatic, but I just can not wrap my brain around how fast it's gone by! Now, I sound like the old lady at the grocery store telling you "how fast time flies"..."enjoy those babies"...."take it all in"....There is a reason people say that.  Because it's the truth!!


We started the morning off with a little "Good-Bye Preschool" breakfast. 
 (Thank you Pinterest!)


Molly Cate and Mrs. Adams


Molly Cate and Mrs. Bell
Can you see the joy on her face?? She LOVES her teachers!!


This is the sweet little scrapbook that MC came home with Wednesday along with her Dr. Seuss book that I am getting all of her teachers to sign (preschool-12th grade) as a gift for high school graduation.  The first two notes already made me cry....again!
(again...thank you Pinterest!)

I couldn't leave my other preschooler out...she got the same treatment this morning...she is one of the reasons I do still have one leg in preschool life! HA! She also came home with a precious scrapbook as well.


Goodbye Preschool (for now) breakfast!


Last day of 3E class!


Caroline and Mrs. O'Connell!


Caroline and Mrs. Pentecost!
This girl LOVES her teachers too!!!

After dinner we had yet another sweet treat...this time to celebrate the new beginnings that will come this fall! I will have 2 Preschoolers and One Kindergartener!! WOW!!


Some promises that I'm clinging to as we encounter this new season....

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."  
Jeremiah 29:11  

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."  
Proverbs 3:5-6

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”  
Joshua 1:9


No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)