Thursday, June 23, 2011

Good for ya!

Last night I did something I have never done before...cook Mustard Greens!  Why? We are trying to eat much healthier around here by reading what we are really eating and putting the things in our body that God made!  Last night I attempted Stir-Fry chicken with mustard greens and brown rice:
What you need:
1 lb. of mustard greens (organic)
1 cup of water
1 14 oz can of chicken broth (organic)
Chicken breast cutlets (hormone free)
Olive oil
Stir-Fry sauce...this was a go to product I was familiar with, there are probably healthier options!
First cook your greens in a large pot of boiling water and broth for 10 minutes...

 Cut up chicken and stir fry in a little olive oil.  Add about 1/4 cup of stir fry sauce.  Drain your greens and add them to the chicken.  I saved the broth for my brown rice...it was pretty stout in flavor though.  Unless you are a die hard mustard green lover I would just stick with cooking my rice in water!

First bite....I was thinking we might have to get pizza...

It was great...well....it was good, what made it better was knowing how nutritious the greens were!!
Read more HERE!
We had fresh cantaloupe and raspberries, which are also highly ranked on the link above!

Overall, it was a good healthy, filling meal.  We did not die, and I think I will cook it again.  Next time I will add some more veggies like broccoli, watercress and carrots.
We were very proud of the girls for eating their dinner and trying it out with us! We are slowly changing what we eat and although it is hard we know it is worth it!
After dinner we celebrated our little accomplishment with a fresh berry smoothie made with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, apple juice and carrot juice...It was Divine!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)