Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Scripture

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9

I know that I mentioned this verse a few weeks back when I put it up in my laundry room, but the verse came to me during some studying this week as I prepared for my girl's lesson. Last week we discussed our "quiet time", basically our relationship with God and how we spend our time throughout each day with Him.  After that lesson I realized how much "stuff" is thrown in their face on a daily basis. This "stuff" may be ok or good "stuff", but it can quickly turn into a time robber, especially when it comes to God's time. Let's just face it, I am not in 9th grade and I have the same type "stuff" steal away my time. So this week I challenged them to put away all of that "stuff" for a day and really dig into some time with God.  Did they do it? I don't know yet.  I did...it was hard!
So, for this week I want them to really focus on the verse above, to really understand that they can have the peace of God and His Holy prescence by meditating, studying, and thinking on things around them that are pleasing to Him.  Not only do they we need to meditate on these things and think about them, but actually put them into practice!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. thanks ashley for the reminder! He has been sending me little reminders like this lately that i need to make some time for Him! i need to listen!

    ReplyDelete

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)