Thursday, February 11, 2010

Whats for Dinner? & "The Honesty Award"

So tonight I had to shop the pantry to come up with dinner. Usually this might turn into canned veggie night, PB&J night, soup or cereal night. Tonight I was lucky, for one thing I started thinking about this at 4:00 instead of 5:00, and I also had thawed out some ground beef that I was going to use in some form or fashion. The internet is a handy tool when it comes to serching for something like a last minute recipe! I also knew that I had some frozen hash brown potatoes I could do something with. Wala...I found a beef and hash brown casserole that looked easy enough. This does sound like something straight out of the school lunchroom, but it was EASY and YUMMY. I may be creative in some areas, but cooking not so much. Most likely you will find my sister-in-law making up something good in the kitchen. I like easy recipes that do not take too many tools or too much time. After being married about a month I was well over all the kitchen thingamabobs we got as gifts!


Ok so here is what you need:
1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
1/2 envelope of dry onion soup mix
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 lb of frozen hasbrown potatoes
2 tbsp. soy sauce
3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 soup can water
(after typing this out I see I made a mistake tonight...I only used 1 lb of meat and the whole envelope of onion soup....it still tasted fine...otherwise I would not be posting this)

Brown meat and drain the fat. Put into large greased casserole and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over meat. Top with frozen potatoes. Mix soup, water, salt, pepper and soy sauce together until well blended. Pour over meat and potatoes. Cover with foil or lid and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Remove lid and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 minutes longer. Serves 6.



On to the honesty award.....
Rules for this Award
1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those people they've been awarded HONESTY AWARD and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

1. THANK YOU Lauren .... you must checkout her cutie pie little boy! Lauren is a sweet girl that I went to high school with.
2. HONESTY...

1. I am a bad procrastinator!! I know that I have a million and one things to do, but I seem to always wait until the last minute to do them. I tend to think I work best under pressure, but this stresses Mr. Nice out to the max. I am TRYING to do better!

2. I have caught the baby bug! I am not sure if it is because a few friends have recently had a baby and a few are expecting very soon or maybe it is because I just went through all the baby clothes sorting out want I did and did not want to keep? Seeing those teeny tiny 0-3 month onesies just make me want to melt! I am praying hard about this and asking for God's will in this.

3. Some days I want to get in the car and take a long drive.....alone...yes I know I just said I have caught the baby bug, but some days my 21 month old and 3 1/2 year old really do a number on me!

4. I wish I were more fashionable! I love cute and fun clothes, but when it comes down to it I am totally in a mommy slump! I see no purpose in wearing something around the house that is uncomfortable or hurts my feet!

5. Eggs from restaurants freak me out! I am ok with Craker Barrel or some other type of home cooked breakfast place, but I WILL NOT order an egg from McDonalds or any fast food place. Really! I think they are fake! My father-in-law likes to give me a hard time about this; he loves to bring it up about once a month.

6. My sister-in-law talked about on her blog how she used to collect stamps and now she is collecting quarters. When I was a kid I collected pigs...yes pigs! We did not live on a farm or anything like that, but I had all sorts of pigs. My mom recently gave Spice a little glass one I had, she like to carry it around the house.

7. I love catching Spice sing or pretend play when she does not know I'm listening. I just think it is so cute and I love hearing the things she says. She cracks me up on a daily basis!

8. I love the words Sugar tries to say, they always come out so cute. I also love the fact that Spice has to translate for me a lot, and she seems to know exactly what Sugar is saying!

9. My car is usually a WRECK! I really think I could win some sort of game show if they called out any random item, I would for sure be able to find it in my car! You can see more on that HERE.

10. I have recently been learning so much through reading my one year chronological Bible than I ever dreamed possible. I feel dumb sometimes when I read a small passage, thinking to myself what in the world does that mean?? Reading the Bible in the order it was written everyday has opened my eyes to things I had not seen before.

3. I now present this to WREN at the ROBBINS NEST and my friend at Ali and Lo!:)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)