Monday, December 21, 2009

Light of the World

"Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."  John 8:12


Sunday afternoon I had the priviledge to serve alongside some special girls that are in my life.  No, not Sugar and Spice, but some other girls who have impacted my life more than they will know in only four short months.  These are the girls who are members of my Bible fellowship class at church. These girls are real, honest, beautiful and fun! Better yet they love God!  When confronted with what they wanted to do in order to give to others this holiday season they quickly tuned down the "easy" ways to give. Those being give money, take up cans at church, or donate gloves for homeless citizens. They took the less traveled route; the gift of time and with this love and with this the light of Jesus. They chose to serve in a local soup kitchen to give back and show love to those who are totally without a home and many other things!







Like, I said...I love these girls, they are awesome!

My pastor recently posted this on Facebook:
Jesus is God's only Light.
Follow Him and you will:
1. recieve His light
2. reject sin's darkness
3. reflect His light

I would say these 9th grade girls are doing just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)