Tuesday, January 6, 2009

John 15:5

"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

This is my memory verse this week. Mr. Nice and I are challenging one another to memorize a verse a week. So, this is the one I chose to start us off with. You would think verse memorization would be easy, I mean I did do this as a kid when I was in school. Now I just have to become more disciplined as I try to accomplish this goal weekly. The best way is to actually write it out and meditate on it and how it applies to you.

Well, oh my, the Lord is so good. He actually gave me a visual aid for this one, and if you do not know what kind of student I was, I sooo need a visual aid!! As I was thinking of my verse today I thought of the picture I had taken of each of the girls at the "Friendship Oak" on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We went on a little day trip there on new year's day with my parents.
This tree is supposedly 500 years old! WOW!!

Now, if you recall this little storm called Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast in August of 2005! This tree still stands!! How mighty the trunk must be to keep all of its MANY branches safe. How securely are those branches rooted to not fall off, for if they did they would not grow anymore, or produce other smaller branches!

I pray that I am like the branches of the "Friendship Oak", hanging securely to my vine, so that no matter what terrible storm comes my way I will still be rooted in Him! Oh, and I also pray that my branch will produce that fruit, new leaves, or smaller branches!

As my children are pictured here, one looking at the leaves (the fruit of the tree), and one clinging to the branch; I pray that they will see my fruit and my growth and long to have that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)