Thursday, December 23, 2010

Packing it all in...

I love all the little things about Christmas like...

Decorating cookies with my girls  (even if they aren't homemade..they were still cute!)


Watching my big girl sing for all of her preschool!



Helping with class parties...


Visiting with Santa at Mr. Nice's office party.. (Spice did not love the big guy too much!)


Making salt dough ornaments via an idea from one of my favorite bloggers, We made the cinnamon version...they smelled so good Mr. Nice tried to eat one...that was a huge mistake!






We also made these via another favorite blog...These are sooo very easy the hardest part was opening each individual kiss.



Hanging out with my 10th grade girls from church.  We had a fun Christmas party at my house then went caroling around the neighborhood! These girls are so fun!



In the midst of doing all of these "things" it makes me wonder do people out there REALLY get WHY we do these things?? Why do we tie beautiful bows, decorate our home, give the perfect gift, send out cards, sing, and party? It is for Him the one who was born to die for us.  Lets take a little breather and realize what this day is all about!
"For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, your girls are so adorable. I really enjoy all of your blogs. I hope yall have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I can't get over those cute girls! Great cookies too!
    Hi there, It's been a while but I figured I'd pop on over and personally wish you the very best to you and your for the New Year and a very Merry Christmas too. Thanks for following The Blessings of Modern Domestication.
    I really enjoy your cute little blog!

    ReplyDelete

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)