Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break 2009!

While many people visit white sandy beaches or go skiing for spring break, we visited my parent's house in south Mississippi. Although I was not at the beach or the slopes it was very nice and relaxing for a few days. It is nice not to have the stresses of what "needs" to be done on the back burner for a few days. This was our first girls only"road-trip". It was easier than I expected and we made it there in about seven hours. I could not of asked for Sugar and Spice to have behaved any better. We made two stops along the way, one to change out of PJ's and one to eat lunch. We had one more spontaneous stop at the famous Watermelon Patch. If you travel south on Hwy. 49 you ought to check it out. We usually never stop here, but when Spice needed a potty break I was HAPPY to make this stop. This place has SHOES galore!!!...Notice the sign.? They have branched out more since the last time I was there. No, sadly enough we did not buy shoes, but Spice did score a cute little backpack for 3 year old preschool. There was not much action on our spring break, we spent most of the days playing inside, but mostly out. We were very spoiled by the South Mississippi spring. The azaleas are already in bloom, and everything was so pretty. Sugar and Spice enjoyed playing with some retro toys of mine that Mimi and Pop had pulled out on out last visit. I think my old toy kitchen is the favorite of both.
We also got to visit with our sweet little cousin Marley, "Baby Marley" as Spice calls her. As you can imagine, Spice got a little aggressive with her hugs. Spice played a lot on my parents screened in porch and Sugar liked to swing, Spice made cookies with Mimi (we caught her "checking" on them, and the girls had a tea party outside.



My plan for the week was to get some sewing accomplished. I had packed my machine, lots of fabric and a few patterns. To my surprised my parents gave me my birthday present a little early. I was SO SURPRISED to get a new fancy machine that I can embroider with. I am so excited. I am still learning how to operate this machine, and I know it will take me a while!! I did get about 4 pair of shorts of Spice going. THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!!


Our journey back was a little easier with Mimi and Pop in tow. Mimi rode with us and Pop followed. They spent one night with us at home before heading back. We always love a good trip south and look forward to the next!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the girls at the top. That is so precious.
    And a new sewing machine...what a great surprise!!! Can't wait to see some creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! Looks like everyone had a great time.

    Found you via Chic Chick Media btw :) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)