Friday, October 5, 2007

Major Updates!

Hi There!!

So sorry that this is the first update in so long! We have had so much going on! Let's start with VACATIONS........

Vacation #1: Gatlinburg, Tn with Mimi and Pop:

September 9th-13th we went to Gatlinburg with my parents. We had a wonderful time in the mountains. Spice did so great on the ride there, she was a real trooper! We did lots of fun things, you know very educational things. When my family goes on a vacation you must "Learn" something along the way. The first night there we just got settled in our condo, our view was gorgeous! The first full day we drove to Cade's Cove. If you are interested in"Learning" more... click here.... . This was a settlement that was started in the 1800's. It was really neat to see how people used to live off the land. We enjoyed "Aunt Becky's" House best! Spice even got a black grizzly bear that growls. His name is "Smokey" and she really growls back at him!! The second day we went to Asheville, NC to check out the Biltmore Estate. I think we were all really blown away at how the Vanderbilts lived in the 1800's! Check out The Bilmore here... The Vanderbilts had an indoor swimming pool, bowling alley, and so much more you would be so blown away!! Wow, how differently Aunt Becky lived from the Vanderbilts during the same time period. The rest of the time we spent shopping at the outlets and exploring the little town. Overall, we had a great time and truly enjoyed getting away!

Vacation #2: New York with Gran and Boompa, Ken worked some:

Ok, so we get home from Gatlinburg, sleep in our own beds for 6 nights, pack again, and get on a plane for New York!!! What a whirlwind! Did I mention Morning sickness, more like All Day sickness has now set in?? We flew out on Wednesday morning the 19th. I was somewhat worried about Spice because this was her first flying experience. I was actually more worried about my self and getting sick on a plane! Thank goodness Gran and Boompa were with us! There would have been no way I could have handled a squirmy toddler by myself. Needless to say she did GREAT!!! I pack lots of new fun toys to keep her occupied, and the stickers were the best! When we arrived in New York I had set up a ride for us at the airport. If you have ever been to New York you know most taxi drivers do not have "Southern Hospitality"! Our driver played some sort of Indian music, and of course my child starts dancing in her seat!! That was too funny, but not as funny as when he pulled out a banana and started eating in front of her!! I mean who eats a banana in front of a 15 month old?? Of course she threw a FIT because he did not share with her! I quickly started pulling out snacks. We were all pretty happy and doing fairly well until we arrived at the hotel. Don't for get this name...."PORTLAND SQUARE HOTEL"......NEVER STAY THERE!!! We were somewhat excepting what we had there, and thought, oh well, we won't be spending too much time in the room...Until Mr. Nice saw it when he arrived at midnight that night. We all decided it would be best to switch hotels. Oh, how we were so happy to check into the Marriot! Thanks to that "lucky penny" and Todd; Mr. Nice's cousin, it all worked out! Sorry this is so long so far, but you must know details....

OK, so we walked a lot the first day....I showed Mr. Joe and Mrs. Suzanne some highlights....Times Square, The Empire State Building, Central Park, Trump Tower, Tiffany's, Macy's, Rockefeller Center. We were worn out!!! Thursday we did more sight seeing stuff, and walked a lot!! Thursday night Mr. Nice and I went to a great Italian restaurant that was so wonderful at the time. Later when I thought about what we had eaten I just kept feeling sick!! Pregnancy can be strange! Friday was soo fun...We were on the TODAY show!!! Spice even blew kisses! Ha!! We also saw a movie being filmed in front of Tiffany's. Spice even played on the "BIG" piano at FAO Swartz! Saturday was a bust, we wanted to go to Central Park, but it rained, we went and ate lunch, then Spice and I napped during the afternoon. Ken even got to watch the Ole Miss game at ESPN know he was happy!! Saturday night our last night we thought it would be fun to eat in little Italy, we did not know there was a HUGE street festival going on! It was kinda neat to see, but hard to maneuver a stroller through the crowd! Sunday we ate a late breakfast, went to Toys"R"US (where we rode on the indoor ferris wheel on the My Little Pony car), packed and went to the airport. Spice did not do so well going home. Partly because she was tired, partly hungry, partly because the "new" toys weren't so new anymore!

Needless to say we were HAPPY to be home, we have decided not to leave home for a while!!! I think I am still doing laundry...ha!

Please enjoy our vacation pics, sorry they are not completely in order!!



1 comment:

  1. LOVED the updates! I've been waiting! Molly Cate gets cuter and cuter by the day. I can't wait to see the next baby when he/she comes :)


I delight in your comments..please leave one for us!:)